Hi, my name is Molly and I am addicted to queso. Like, shoveling it into my mouth at until speed of light kind of addicted. Luckily, I created this Skinny Queso Dip that is high protein and low calorie. And more importantly- it is mind-blowingly tasty! I promise, you won’t miss the extra calories one bit.
So, one serving of this zesty, cheesy dip of the gods has only 197 calories and 17 grams of protein! And by serving, we are talking one-tenth of this big ol’bowl of deliciousness! That’s a whole lot of skinny queso dip, my friends. Pair it with some reduced guilt tortilla chips like these Late July ones and you have yourself the perfect Super Bowl snack that won’t ruin your New Year’s resolutions!
1 lb 93% lean ground turkey + 1 envelope taco seasoning + 16 ounces velveeta cheese + 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt + 1 can rotel
In a large saucepan, brown your ground turkey on medium-high heat. I always season my meat while cooking with a bit of salt n peppa. So, of course I did this here too.
Once cooked, add your taco seasoning and give it a good mix until it’s all blended in. Reduce heat to low.
A Note on Taco Seasoning:
I use McCormick’s, or Target’s Market Pantry version. I really like the taste of both of these! Trader Joe’s makes one but it has a ton of spice and my kids will complain until the sun comes up. You can make your own with spices you probably already have, too- chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and oregano, salt and pepper. But the convenience of just opening up that packet is too tempting for me so I tend to grab the pre-mixed stuff!
Next, chop your velveeta into 1-inch cubes and add to the ground turkey. Stir until nice and melty. Then, add your nonfat Greek yogurt and rotel. Stir over low heat until all cheese is melted and everything has blended together.
My friends. You just made some magic happen here! A super yummy, creamy and incredibly cheesy Skinny Queso Dip.
Enjoy the heck out of this Skinny Queso Dip, and be sure to let me know how it turns out for you!
Skinny Queso Dip
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 16 ounces velveeta cheese
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 can rotel diced tomatoes and chilies
- In a large saucepan, brown ground turkey on medium-high heat. While cooking, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, reduce heat to low. Add taco seasoning and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Chop block of velveeta into one-inch cubes and add to the ground turkey. Stir until cheese has melted and combined.
- Add greek yogurt and rotel, stirring until dip has thoroughly blended together. Enjoy with chips, or with your favorite mexican dishes.