This strawberry balsamic mule is one of those drinks you just have to taste to believe. I know, I know- putting balsamic vinegar in your drink sounds odd. But balsamic has a mellow & sweet flavor that pairs perfectly with strawberries, and then add in the citrus-y lemon and zesty ginger beer? Now you’ve got a flavor party going on in your mouth!
I’m telling you – It’s really, really good.
I first had a drink like this at an Italian restaurant, and this strawberry balsamic mule pairs perfectly with fresh Italian food like my traditional salami pizza.
What you’ll need to make a Strawberry Balsamic Mule:
- Strawberries – one for the drink + one for a garnish
- Lemon wedge
- Balsamic vinegar
- Teaspoon of simple syrup – you can find the basic simple syrup formula here in my blackberry simple syrup recipe– just omit the blackberries and let cool after the syrup comes to a boil!
- Ginger beer (ginger ale will also work in a pinch- I make this one often with diet ginger ale myself!)
To make the tastiest strawberry balsamic mule:
In a cocktail shaker, muddle strawberry, lemon, balsamic vinegar and simple syrup.
Pour vodka into the shaker and add a few ice cubes.
Fill a copper mug or medium sized drinking glass with ice. Give the cocktail shaker a good shake and strain into your copper mug.
Top it off with your ginger beer.
It will be a little fizzy and a lot delicious! Perfect for summer bbq’s, pizza nights, or whenever you want a refreshing and insanely tasty cocktail!
Did I mention yet just how gorgeous this drink is? With those boozy bubbles swirling around in a pretty copper mug, you can’t go wrong! I received mine for Christmas but you can buy a set like these at target, or a larger set with copper straws like mine! Pop a strawberry and a lemon wedge on, and this strawberry balsamic vodka mule is ready to serve to thirsty party guests.
Strawberry Balsamic Mule
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 strawberries
- 1 lemon wedge + extra for garnish
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- 2 oz vodka
- 4-6 oz ginger beer can sub ginger ale
- In cocktail shaker, muddle together strawberry, balsamic, simple syrup and lemon wedge.
- Add vodka and 5-6 ice cubes.
- Shake well, and strain into copper mug over ice.
- Top off with ginger beer, stir and garnish with lemon wheel and a scored strawberry.