Have an extra hour? How about butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and a beer? Then you’ve got yourself everything you need to make some crusty, buttery, and easy beer bread!
I’m going to keep this recipe post short and simple. We are all quarantined for the covid epidemic and I’m not sure how this post will read in the years ahead. Right now, beer is easier to find in the store than yeast! Yeast, along with many baking supplies, has been sold out at most grocery stores. But the liquor aisles have remained well stocked- so this recipe is one of my current bff’s. We are making some beer bread, you guys.
If you haven’t made it- wait till you see just how easy it is. And if you’ve bought beer bread mix in the past – once I show you how basic the ingredients are, you’ll never have to use the boxed beer bread mix again.
What you’ll need to make Easy Beer Bread:
- Flour- plain old all purpose will do. Make sure it’s sifted! You’ll need 3 cups.
- Sugar- granulated sugar, you’ll only need 1/4 cup.
- Baking powder – 3 teaspoons.
- Salt- 1 teaspoon. If using salted butter, use only 1/2 teaspoon.
- Beer- 12 ounces of whatever you’ve got! I would avoid your pumpkin ales or anything with a special flavor here. A lager will work perfectly for this easy beer bread.
- Butter – 1/4 cup, melted. If you are using salted butter, use less salt. You can use either salted or unsalted though! Whatever you’ve got on hand.
How to make it:
- Buckle up, for a super difficult set of instructions. Kidding 😉
- Preheat your oven to 375. Grease your bread loaf pan.
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Then, stir in beer until combined.
- Spoon beer bread dough into the loaf pan. Melt your butter.
- Now, pour that liquid gold all over the top of the bread. Bake for an hour and look at that- you’ve got yourself some easy beer bread!
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy warm or room temperature, with some butter if you’re feeling indulgent.
That’s it! One of the easiest breads you can make, and damn tasty, too. Buttery, hearty slices of bread with golden, crunchy crust. Slap some butter on a warm slice and enjoy!
Easy Beer Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter unsalted – see recipe notes
- 12 oz beer
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease standard sized loaf pan.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir in beer.
- Spoon batter into greased pan, and pour melted butter over the top.
- Bake for one hour, uncovered.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Serve warm, with butter, if desired.