This ain’t your grandma’s sweet tea. This Skinny Whiskey Sweet Tea cocktail is a mason jar full of sweet, booze-y goodness. At only 148 calories and with just 4 ingredients- it will have you front porch swingin’ in no time.
What You’ll Need to make Skinny Whiskey Sweet Tea
- Truvia Baking Blend. This is going to be our secret weapon to sweeten up our tea without adding loads of extra calories and sugar. An added benefit of taking out the extra sugar out of a cocktail? Less hangover! I’ve found the best deal for this at Tar-Jay– or Target, for the less fancy folks. Truvia Baking Blend.
- Whiskey. Since it will have plenty of other flavors mixed in, it doesn’t have to be your most expensive whiskey either 😉 I try to reserve that for more booze-forward drinks like my Vanilla Bean Old Fashioned.
- Unsweetened Iced Tea. This is where that low-calorie magic happens, what makes it Skinny Whiskey Sweet Tea. By sweetening it with a lower calorie sweetener, it saves 120 calories per 12 ounces. Yes!
- Dehydrated Lemon Wheels. These are so dang fun and cute, and so handy to have around. You could use them for a cute garnish, to infuse flavor into a soup, or a Skinny Whiskey Sweet Tea. Now, feel free to use a regular old lemon wedge in this cocktail, but if you feel like getting fancy with me, try out these dehydrated lemon wheels!
Making Dehydrated Lemon Wheels:No need for a fancy dehydrator! I sliced these lemons and popped them on a parchment covered baking sheet. Then, I sprinkled with a little sugar + salt (to pull the moisture out.) Bake using the lowest setting on my oven (175F), until no moisture is left in the lemons. When sliced extremely thin using a mandolin, they should take 3 hours or so. My thickest slices ended up taking about 4 1/2 hours, so I’d highly recommend using a mandolin slicer, or having the patience (what’s that?) to slice no more than 1/8 inch thick.
Store covered in a cool and dry place.
This cocktail is easy-peasy, and just meant for sipping with friends on a lazy afternoon. So mix up a few mason jars full of this Skinny Whiskey Sweet Tea and ENJOY.
Skinny Whiskey Sweet Tea
- 1 tsp Truvia Baking Blend
- 2 ounces Whiskey
- 4-6 ounces Unsweetened Iced Tea
- Dehydrated Lemon Wheels (or fresh lemon wedge)
For Dehydrated Lemon Wheels
- 1 tsp Truvia
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5-6 lemons sliced 1/8" thick or less
- In a small mason jar, combine truvia with 2 ounces of whiskey. Stir with a teaspoon.
- Add plenty of ice. Top with unsweetened iced tea, and garnish with dehydrated lemon wheels (or fresh lemon.) Cheers!
Dehydrated Lemon Wheels
- Preheat oven to it's lowest setting, it should be around 150-175°F.
- Lay thinly sliced lemon wheels on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 3-4 hours, or until no moisture is left in the lemon slices.
- Store sealed in a cool and dry place.